Administrative and Communication Assistant
The European Cystic Fibrosis Society Patient Registry and Cystic Fibrosis Europe are looking for a full-time administrative & communication Assistant.
The European Cystic Fibrosis Society (ECFS) is an international community of scientific and clinical professionals committed to improving survival and quality of life for people with cystic fibrosis (CF) by promoting high quality research, education and care. As part of the ECFS the Patient Registry collects data from people with CF in Europe, to deepen the knowledge of the disease, encourage new standards of care, provide data for epidemiological research and facilitate public health-planning. The Registry has collected demographic and clinical data of over 48,000 patients from 35 countries in Europe (www.ecfs.eu/ecfspr).
CF Europe is the European federation of national patient organisations from 38 countries. Representing the people with CF and their families, CF Europe advocates for access to optimal care and patient centered research, and closely collaborates with relevant stakeholders to improve the health and lifes of the people with CF (www.cf-europe.eu/).
The Registry and CF Europe are recruiting a competent administrative Assistant to help with the organisation and running of the daily administrative operations. Support in communication activities will be part of the job. The Assistant will work 50% for the Registry, in close collaboration with the Registry Coordinator in Leuven, and 50% for CF Europe, in collaboration with the Head of Engagment in Brussels.
What will you do?
- Prepare and edit documents, such as emails, reports, invoices, presentations, applications for funding, and ensure these are filed effectively;
- Prepare and follow-up surveys;
- Provide support in communication for website, social media, and newsletters;
- Assist in the practical arrangments of international meetings;
- Attend meetings upon request and take notes;
- Maintain the office databases.
- Bachelor degree in Office management;
- Work experience in administrative position(s) and prefereably some experience in an international environment;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office);
- Flexible and organized;
- Attention for detail and a service minded attitude;
- Able to work independently on routine tasks;
- Some experience in organizing meetings is preferred;
- Willing to travel approximately 2 times per year (January and June) for some days.
What is offered:
- A full-time contract for one year, with the possibility to prolonge;
- Contract with the Belgian CF association;
- Opportunity to work within small, motivated and professional teams in an international environment.