Administrative and Operations Assistant
Search for Common Ground is seeking a part-time Administrative and Operations Assistant to support the Brussels office in its logistic and administrative tasks. The Administrative and Operations Assistant will work part-time (3/5th or 60% LoE), will report to the Executive Director and will be based in Brussels. The Administrative and Operations Assistant’s responsibilities are threefold:
- Organize all operations of the office, including: logistics, procurement, organization of events, act as safety and security focal person of the office;
- Run the administration of the office, including: manage mail, contact lists, organize group meetings, liaison with service providers and payment of bills, prepare signature of contracts and reports;
- Act as executive assistant, including: organizing trips, prepare and submit expense reports, prepare staff meetings, prepare board meetings.
Roles and responsibilities include:
Key area 1: Operations and Logistics Support (40%)
- Manage all logistics relating to the maintenance of the Brussels office : ensure appropriate maintenance of material and equipment of the office, hires and management of technicians for repairs and maintenance, act as main counterpart to the building management firm;
- Develop tools and templates: Assist in the development of forms, templates, and manuals on various themes including office management, security and administration.
- Manage office material and supplies: place orders for office material and supplies, keep an updated inventory, manage supplies and materials;
- Manage the safety and security of the office: act as security and safety (S&S) focal point, update the S&S plan, put the S&S plan into action including plan S&S trainings for staff as appropriate, organize S&S briefings for visitors, manage the Whatsapp S&S group, keep the S&S staff emergency contact list updated;
- Act as event-planner: Lead the logistics related to internal and external events in Brussels such as meetings, conferences, screening of films, press conferences, cocktail parties, etc. This includes: maintaining the list of preferred venues, identification and booking of venue and caterer, acting as point of contact for technicians and guests, ensuring proper logistics unfolding of event;
- Act as travel-planner: When delegated, support the logistics for fundraising and policy visits of field staff to the Brussels office (booking of hotel, train)
Key area 2: Administrative Support (40%)
- File management and update:
- Update and file all key documents pertaining to the Brussels legal entity;
- Update key documents relating to the Brussels office (Office manual, visitor’s manual, etc.);
- Manage and file all incoming and outgoing mail;
- Manage and file funding contracts;
- Contact management: revamp the contact database (including the donors / partners / press database), ensuring it is compliant with GDPR; update the contact database on a regular basis, migrate the data on the new management system platform;
- Act as secretary to the office: answer incoming phone calls and manage incoming emails to the global email address of the office, and redirect communication as appropriate;
- Support submissions of proposal packages: print and order all proposal documents, mail or deliver the submission package;
- Support on HR projects: support with a salary scale survey, support with onboarding of new staff.
Key area 3: Executive assistant (20%)
- Manage all the signatures of contracts, reports and proposals by the Executive Director: act as focal person for field offices requiring signatures, act as first-layer verifier of the compliance of the requests and the supporting approval documents, collect signatures and send signed documents to the relevant staff or external partners;
- Preparation of meetings: Organize meeting room and catering when relevant, schedule and collect agenda items for staff meetings, staff retreats, board Meetings, take notes during staff and board meetings;
- Organize trips logistic for the Executive Director, and EAP team: book plane or train tickets, prepare and submit expense reports online;
- Monitor the Brussels operations budget: monitor expenses and burn rates and plan expenses accordingly.
The Administrative and Operations Assistant will be encouraged to learn about Search’s peacebuilding and conflict transformation methodologies and programming.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree - preferably in secretariat, office management, human resources or a related sector.
- 3 years-experience of administrative and logistics support for an organization of a similar size (15-20 people)
- Previous experience engaging with partners and colleagues in an international, matrix-management setting is an added advantage
- Prior experience in non-for-profit sector;
- Prior experience or strong interest in peacebuilding or related sector is an added advantage
This position will close on April 24th, 2019.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter