Biomed Specialist – Zhytomir - Ukraine
Zhytomyr's MSF vision is to innovate in the Drug Resistant – Tuberculosis (DR-TB) care in the Ukrainian context, adapting the model to the needs and constraints of the region.
This project will focus on always keeping the patient-centered approach as key, while developing models and regimes that are scalable to the whole country. This project is aimed to be turned into the seed that grows into a full model of care change in Ukraine.
For doing so, a Biosafety level 3 (BSL3) laboratory is in process of being finalized by MSF for providing accurate diagnosis for the patients.
Carrying out assessments and ensuring the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the Biomed activities including repairs, maintenance of equipment and planning of biomed orders according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the correct use and efficient functioning of the Biomed equipment of the mission
Purpose of the post
· Prepare detailed inventory of all medical (including laboratory) equipment in mission
· Finalize Standard Operating Procedures, guidelines and schedules for maintenance of all equipment (with support from the Headquarter in Brussels)
Prepare all laboratory equipment for installation in the new BSL3 Laboratory (new and existing)
Mentor and train the Ukrainian biomedical engineer
· Biomedical Engineer or Electronical Engineer degree is required
· Experience in working in laboratory is required
· Experience with BSL3 laboratory is an asset
· Humanitarian experience is an asset
· Good team player
· Cross cultural sensitivity
· The candidate adheres to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
· Russian is appreciated
· Expected starting date: 1/01/2020
· 6 months fixed-term field contract, based in Zhytomir
· Salary according to MSF-OCB Field salary scale. Transport, accommodation, vaccinations are taken in charge by MSF. Per diem + medical insurance
· Adhere to MSF charter
· No family position
· A dynamic and stimulating work environment alongside multicultural colleagues
How to apply?
Application (CV + cover letter) to be sent before the 22/09/2019 to Active.Fieldrecruitment@brussels.msf.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.
- Betaalde job
- Online sinds
Gewijde Boomstraat 46