Bridge your gap year as a voluntary Junior Business Controller (summer 2020 - Feb 2021)
Do you have an economic background and are you ready to take the first steps in your career, but you are not yet sure where to start ? Are you doubting whether to pursue (further) studies or take a break ? Then Belgian Red Cross-Flanders might have the solution for you: a gap year as a voluntary Junior Business Controller within our International Cooperation department.
What are your tasks?
As voluntary junior business controller you are engaged in the financial management and follow-up of our international projects. You will be working abroad for approximately 50% of your time.
- You perform financial reviews on the supporting documentation for incurred expenditure and activities of our projects.
- You will look for effective and efficient solutions with regard to financial issues that our staff and partners face abroad.
- Based upon the experience you gathered during your visits to our partner countries, you will help optimizing the financial procedures at headquarters in Belgium, with ultimate goal to tighten our financial control and guarantee high-quality deliverables of the projects to our donors.
What profile are we looking for?
- Economic profile
- You are available for a period of 6 months, starting in summer 2020 until February 2021
- You like to travel and work independently
- You have a good knowledge of English and French (level B2 or higher ).  According the common European framework for languages (A1-C2)
- You work well in a team
- You have good computer skills and advanced knowledge of MS Office
Reimbursement and practicalities
This is an unpaid volunteer position. Yet, all expenses for transportation costs in Belgium, the required passport, and international travels will be reimbursed.
Before you start as a Junior Business Controller, you need to show us a version of your official criminal record. The document cannot be older than 3 months, before you start as a volunteer.
You make sure you have a valid passport for the period of the assignment.
Apply before the 16th of March
Apply before 16 March 2020 by sending your motivational letter (1 page) and CV to vrijwilligersInternationale@rodekruis.be with reference of 'Vacancy voluntary Junior Business Controller'. After a first selection (in the week of the 23rd of March), we will let you know whether we will invite you for an interview. The final candidate will be informed by mid April.
Contact our International Cooperation department : vrijwilligersInternationale@rodekruis.be, 015 44 35 30.
- Loon: Reimbursement of all expenses for transportation costs in Belgium, the required passport and international travels.
- Online sinds