Education Advisor - Zuid-Afrika
VVOB South Africa strengthens school leaders and teachers to respond to learner diversity in primary schools. We operate in a local and international network of education departments, universities, unions, expert organizations and donors. Together with our partners, we strive for an equitable society for all.
VVOB is currently looking for an education advisor passionate about equity in education and with the right attitude and skills to strengthen the capacity of our local partners and target groups by giving them maximal responsibilities in their own change processes.
The education advisor is responsible for providing technical advice and support for the successful implementation of the VVOB programmes, with a special focus, interest and experience in online learning. The education advisor must build and maintain effective relationships with all people involved in the interventions, from senior government officials to international partners to VVOB team members. He/she must help all partners to adapt the intervention as implementation lessons are learnt, while keeping an eye on the results to be achieved.
This position is based at the VVOB office in Pretoria. The jobholder will report directly to the VVOB Programme Manager in Pretoria. The role involves travel within South Africa, particularly to Kwazulu Natal and Free State, as well as infrequent international travel. This post is open to South African and EU applicants.
Start date: as soon as possible
Identifying professional development needs of the target groups and develop and initiate, in cooperation with the strategic and operational partners, sustainable capacity development processes and trajectories to address these needs;Provide technical advice, guidance and support to these capacity development processes and trajectories; more specifically in the area of online learning;Initiating and following up on development of online training and related e-learning materials;Being actively involved in planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the programme;Being actively engaged in expanding VVOB's funding base (liaising with potential donors, writing proposals;Developing communication materials related to (the results of) VVOB's work like stories, video's and articles, for internal and external communication purposes;Understanding the education sector in South Africa, including key partners, and making sure that the programme is coordinated with other actors and interventions.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
Education: A Master's degree, preferably in education, international development, public policy, or a related field
- At least seven years of relevant work experience;
- At least three years of experience working in a developing country;
- At least three years of experience with capacity building of organisations, teams and persons, preferably in strengthening government systems and structures;
- At least two years of experience in a position working closely with external stakeholders, preferably with multiple partners;
- Experience with developing and implementing online learning programmes;
Competencies: cooperation, continual learning and improving, and results-oriented, communication skills (listening, speaking and writing in English), reliability, 360-degree empathy, creativity in problem solving, problem analysis and judgment;
- Strong time and project management skills (planning, budgeting, report writing)
- Flexible with a proven ability to multitask and adjust to changing circumstances
This post is open to South African and EU applicants
- Experience with working with governments in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Experience with working in the Southern African region, preferably in South Africa;
- Experience with designing and implementing monitoring systems.
Interested candidates should complete the application form via https://www.vvob.org/en/application-education-advisor-south-africa
Only applications received via the online application form will be reviewed. Deadline is Monday 03 February 2020, 10am.
Questions can be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will take a written test, go through an interview process and an assessment, and will have reference checks before a final offer.
- Betaalde job
- Online sinds
- Solliciteren voor
- Indiensttreding: zo snel mogelijk
Julien Dillensplein 1