Field Program Manager - Latin America
WWF Belgium is looking for a Program Manager to support the management and development of conservation programs in Ecuador (protection of forests and jaguar, in collaboration with local communities of the Pastaza, Mira and Cuyabeno regions), the Amazon region (postfire restoration programs in Bolivia, Brasil and Paraguay) and Surinam (protection of forests in collaboration with indigenous communities).
In a team of 6, you will directly report to the Field Program’s Director, and work closely with the local WWF teams and partners (i.e. WWF Ecuador, WWF Northern Amazon Program, WWF Surinam).
You ensure the quality, the relevance and the funding of field programs through an analysis based on the contextual realities of countries in order to make a positive contribution to the conservation of key species and habitats, and the people associated with the environment.
1. You will support the local partners to design conservation programs, assess their feasibility and ensure their relevance to WWF's mission and priorities. Especially in Ecuador and Surinam.
- Coordinate with relevant local partners and stakeholders the development of conservation strategies and programs;
- Contribute to the development of an action plan;
- Contribute to the definition of necessary resources and budget for actions and indicators in support of local partners;
- Conduct and review the risks assessment;
- Anticipate the financial and technical additional needs on the field in collaboration with partners for successful program implementation;
- Develop contracts/agreements with partners as well as stakeholders when relevant.
2. You will ensure the implementation and reporting of your conservation programs
- Contribute to the definition of tasks, the identification of those responsible for each of them, the elaboration of a schedule and make sure that they are carried out in accordance with the action plan.;
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with local partners and build loyalty;
- Ensure compliance with internal and external procedures with local partners in the field;
- Ensure the smooth operation, monitoring and evaluation of the program;
- Verify and monitor the proper use and evolution of the programs budget;
- Review, refine, and, if necessary, write reports (financial, technical ...);
- Provide the donors with a report and defend the case; ensure the requests in case of audits.
- Analyze technical reports, plan with the local WWF’s teams solutions to the problems,
- Reporting to donors (including Belgian Cooperation), mid-term evaluation program
3. You will develop knowledge about your theme to ensure WWF's level of expertise and provide content support to the different departments
- Develop, with the help of the International Director,specific or transversal thematic expertise in relation to the implementation of programs, keep up to date on their progress and their topicality.;
- Consult the WWF network and surround yourself with human resource for your activity and your theme;
- Share content on your conservation programs and your area of expertise to other departments;
- Possibility to contribute to various communication material (press, campaigns, publications …) related to your conservation program or your area of expertise.
4. You will contribute to the development of the technical and methodological innovations of the WWF network, while developing partnerships to sustain WWF BE programs
- Research innovative working methods to respond to problems formulated by our partners in the field;
- Contribute, facilitate internal expertise and competencies development;
- Stimulate the exchange of skills between partners within and outside WWF network;
- Identify relevant partners that can contribute to our conservation goals to build strategic partnerships with them.
- Be able to represent WWF Belgium in national and international events when needed.
5. You will support the funding research effort to support conservation work in the field
- In collaboration with the Public Sector Partnerships Manager, you will search for new prospects to support WWF's conservation strategy in your region;
- Master in Biology, Nature Conservation, Bio engineering…
- 5 to 10 years work experience in Project Management in nature conservation and environment protection, including work with local communities in Latin America
- Good knowledge in Cooperation donor procedures (Belgian cooperation, European, or other donors)and Project cycle management;
- Proficiency in budgeting and financial follow-ups. Excel has no secrets for you;
- Field experience in working with indigenous people, inclusive conservation, and/or rural development is a plus;
- Fluent in Spanish, with a strong command of French or Dutch, and English;
- Flexible and able to travel mostly to Ecuador (min. 2 times/ year);
- Strategic thinker with strong diplomatic and negotiations skills;
- You believe in participative work and have some knowledge of collective intelligence tools;
- At ease with intercultural communication and interpretation;
- Well-structured and attention to details;
- Practical knowledge of GIS is an asset.
- A full-time,permanent contract
- An attractive salary package for the sector including meal vouchers, group insurance, health insurance, 100% reimbursement of the costs of public transport ...
- A pleasant working environment in the heart of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport
- The opportunity to contribute to the mission of WWF and to share our values
Why working with us?
WWF believes in a future where people and nature thrive, so we’re committed to safeguarding the natural world. WWF has teams of experts working in over 100 countries to protect the natural resources that sustain and inspire us: our forests, rivers, oceans, climate, food and wildlife. WWF harnesses the collective power of supporters around the world, communities, companies and governments to create real solutions for people and the planet.
WWF employs knowledgeable, talented people who are passionate about engaging and inspiring others. People who share our optimism that it’s possible to change the world. People who are determined to make a difference!
Use this link to send us your resume and application letter before 24/05/2020: https://wwf.be/nl/job-description/details/program-manager-field-m-f/188382/
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Betaalde job
- Online sinds
- Solliciteren voor
Emile Jacqmainlaan 90