Finance Applications Developer
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation
To enhance our support from Brussels, we are looking for a:
Finance Applications Developer (m/f)
Within the Finance Department, the application supports unit maintains, develops and administers a different range of applications used by the Finance departments.
The application support unit is the center of expertise for the applications and their data structure.
The Finance Applications Developer is responsible to develop and maintain the Financial planning and control applications, so that they are kept in working order, functional and respond to the needs of their users. He achieves this by doing developments directly or by supporting developments made by the IT department and product suppliers / implementing partners.
• Assist in the definition of the business case for innovative projects and organize, translate and simplify them into requirements
• Analyze, Design and implement new services, integrations, and interfaces with applications and systems.
• Document, train and support the users
• Support, enhance, maintain enhance the financial planning and control applications (CPM)
• Analyze and convert business requirements as needed.
• Design, configure, develop, and implement enhancements and production fixes to existing systems.
• Train and support (power)users on the usage and the working of the applications
• Create and maintain technical documentation.
We are looking for a forward thinking and enthusiastic candidate, inspired by MSF's social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
Competences required: • You are autonomous, passionate by technology and a team player
• You are able to work independently and self-organised
• You are able to adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people.
• You are organised, detail-focused, accurate, with problem-solving skills
Education and experience:
• Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, Information Systems Management / related field (or equivalent work experience)
• Languages: good command of English, French is an asset.
• Experience in database design, development and strong SQL-based programming language skills
• Extensive experience in object-oriented programming (Java, Python)
• Good understanding and experience with Web Services: REST, SOAP
• Understanding of financial language, principles and objectives
• Sound knowledge of Middleware technologies
• Solid knowledge of Software development lifecycle
• Experience with web & Application Servers (Apache, Tomcat, nginx )
• A working knowledge of Unix environment
• Experience with development of CPM tools or IT systems for finance planning & reporting is a very strong asset.
The candidate adheres to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
The candidate adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments.
• Open ended contract, full time
• Based in Brussels (Ixelles)
• Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
• Starting date: as soon as possible
Deadline for applications: 23/02/2020.
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail to Recruit.HQ.firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.