Agricord is a global alliance of 14 agri-agencies mandated by farmers organisations. Our member agri-agencies are based in Europe, Canada, Africa, Latin America and Asia and our Farmers Fighting Poverty program supports over 200 farmers’ organizations per year in more than 50 developing countries.
To strengthen our finance team, currently consisting of Finance and Administration Manager and Financial Assistant, we are now looking for a :
FINANCE CONTROLLER – 1.0 FTE
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager and working in close collaboration with Financial Assistant and Program Managers
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Participate in the definition, elaboration and implementation of financial management processes for the alliance
- Assist agri-agencies in financial reporting and management processes, including revising and consolidating financial reports from agri-agencies: focus on compliance with donor regulations and internal regulations
- Collect, revise and archive financial, administrative and statutory information related to member agri-agencies
- Analyse and assess audit reports of agri-agencies
- Prepare consolidated financial reporting for donors
- Manage the link between program related financial administration and accounting systems
- Provide financial reporting support to Program Managers
- Manage and update the centralized e-archiving system related to programs: encode evidence and provide requested extractions/analysis
- Assist with the annual closing of the accounts
- Revise accounting operations quarterly and prepare periodic closings in a proper and timely manner
- Prepare the necessary documents for external audits
- Revise financial procedures and keep them up-to-date
- Assist with all other financial duties as required
- For this position we offer you a competitive salary for the Belgian based non-profit sector, plus fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, end-of-year bonus, extended leave entitlements, group and hospitalization insurance. Above all, this function gives you the chance to actively participate in supporting agriculture and rural life in an international context.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Start date is subject to mutual agreement, but as soon as possible.
- Interested? Apply at once and before the 30th of June 2019 to Kris Goossenaerts, email@example.com , including a detailed CV, motivation letter and contact details.