General Services and Procurement Specialist
Main Job description
Humanity and Inclusion’s Benelux General Services and Procurement department is in charge of the management of HI’s premises including logistics, the negotiation of procurement contracts and the IT support of the Brussels, Luxemburg and the Netherlands operations. The Benelux staff altogether accounts for +/- 85 people. The department is part of the Benelux Finance department.
Together with the HQ Finance Manager, this position will focus on implementing shared services between the Belgian and Luxemburg operations in its area of responsibility and support the establishment of our Dutch operations as well as accompanying changes introduced with this process.
1- Implementation of Shared General Services for Luxemburg and Belgium
- Analysis of the current context and way of working,
- Definition and proposal of a target organization and target processes,
- Implementation of the shared services organization,
- Document all processes,
- Establish Support service to our Dutch Operations.
The job holder will be the team leader within the Benelux organization on this particular project.
2- General Logistics, Procurement process improvements
He/she will be:
- Responsible for issuing and implementing a procurement policy within the Benelux organization,
- Responsible for an analysis of all external procurement contracts with a view to optimize the organization’s cost structure,
- Propose new cost optimization initiatives.
3. Support to the General service
He/She will upon request also:
- Assist the General Services officers whenever necessary in their daily tasks and responsibilities,
- Follow-up on General and Administration costs, assist in building budgets and monitoring them,
- Follow-up on various other activities within the General Services.
He/She will have a functional link with the General Services officers based in Luxemburg and Brussels and interact with his/her counterparts in HI’s main headquarters in Lyon (Logistic issues). The job holder will have the opportunity to actively be part of the implementation of a regional shared service centre and a new organization.
Regular travels between Brussels, Luxemburg and the NL or Lyon (France).
> Qualifications: Preferably a University degree or an undergraduate qualification in Logistics.
> Languages: French and good command of English (Dutch would be an asset).
> Professional experience in the logistic field of minimum 3 years,
> Good command of the Windows environment (particularly Excel),
> Experience in implementing shared services projects is an asset,
> Project management experience would be a plus.
> Team-working spirit,
Work in a multi-cultural environment,
> Autonomous in his/her area of responsibility,
> Good communication and interpersonal skills,
> Solution oriented,
> Motivation for the NGO sector,
Adherence to HI’s vision, institutional policies and social missions.