Head of ICT (m/f)
MSF OCB ICT unit delivers IT services to MSF field teams (3500 users) in 36 countries around the world and to +/-500 users in Brussels Headquarter.
In a rapidly evolving digital landscape, the OCB ICT vision & capacity is meant to be "Agile, field-inspired, and user-centric while driving MSF towards digitally enabled humanitarian operations.
It aims to build, implement, maintain, and continuously improve IS architecture, ICT services and infrastructure that support MSF operations' agility and efficiency. It enables new and more effective ways of working; enhance transversal collaboration between functional departments, support exploration and innovation."
· The Head of ICT is the key driving force in developing the ICT strategic vision and implementation at both headquarter (HQ) and field level. He/she provides support and guidance to help ensuring the organization's plans are in line with these ambitions and will report to the General Directorate.
· He/she defines and maintains the global ICT strategy, provides methods and directives to enable high performance services from his/her area of responsibility and to ensure the interaction between ICT and the different departments.
· He/she manages a team of approximately 25 HQ ICT staff, including ICT Service Desk, ICT Infrastructure, Applications team & ITPMO/project managers. He/she also supervises 5 to 10 consultants working on various projects. He/she will, together with the Operations and other Departments, identify the ICT needs of the field and define the best strategy and means to respond. He/she drives the ICT policies and standards for Field ICT services, as well as the training for Field ICT Officers in MSF field projects (approx. 30 staff).
· He/she facilitates the ICT cooperation between sections within the movement and represents MSF OCB in IT related international platforms (ISM platform).
· The Head of ICT is the strategic driver of multiyear transformational cross-sectional program (Field ICT) which aims:
o To build foundations for the digital transformation of MSF
o To enable and develop operational agility and efficiency
o To implement high-performing and field user-centric ICT services
o To enable operational innovation
The Field ICT Program is building the foundations to support the ever-growing number of new applications used by our field teams worldwide.
STRATEGY AND PLANNING:
· Develop and Implement the ICT Strategic Plan & vision by translating MSF's strategic objectives into phased and prioritised ICT evolution needs. Foresee the necessary resources and plan the projects required for carrying out the Strategic plan
· Propose and initiate, when required, projects that lead to the development of the global architecture, data and information quality, optimization of resources and improvement of service levels
· Ensure the alignment of the ICT ambitions with the different departments
· Represent ICT in high level managing committees, or project boards
· Ensure continuous surveillance with the experts of his/her team about the functional and technological evolutions that are likely to bring added value for MSF
· Contribute to the international ICT strategy and projects
COORDINATION AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT:
· Define objectives for each service within the ICT unit and allocates resources accordingly
· Guarantee a structural coherence and efficiency of the tasks and responsibilities within the team
· Support and lead the team members towards the realization of their objectives
· Coordinate the budget definition of the ICT and of the projects and manage the follow-up
· Manage the ICT project portfolio by ensuring its periodic assessment, thereby enabling convergence of systems where appropriate
· Animate the ICT project coordination committee for qualification and prioritization of requirements and for following up the projects' progress status
· Communicate the priorities and facilitate the adhesion to them
· Supervise the definition of project management and IS implementation standards, rules and procedures
· Develop and monitor service level agreements with suppliers
· Strong commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF
· A minimum of 5 years' experience in IT management, with several years at a strategic level:
o IT-enabled transformation processes
o IT strategic and tactical vision
o IT team management
· Experience within MSF or another international organisation will be an asset
· Strong leadership and collaborative skills in People Management
· Strong facilitation skills, coupled with a well-developed sense of diplomacy and collaboration
· Excellent knowledge and competence in change management
· Excellent capacity to lead, sponsor or evaluate large scale programme management
· Service management skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills to speak to a wide range of audience, IT staff, non IT staff, board of Directors and external providers
· Fluency in English, French is an asset
· Flexible and willing ot travel to other MSF offices worlwide and at field level
· Adherence to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Empowerment
· Open ended HQ contract
· Position based in Brussels with regular travels outside Belgium
· Hospital Insurance (DKV) - Pension plan – Canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
· Starting date : ASAP
Deadline for applications: 28/02/2019
CV + cover letter to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.
- Betaalde job
- Online sinds
- Indiensttreding: zo snel mogelijk
Gewijde Boomstraat 46