Head of Individual Giving
SOS Children’s Villages is a Non-Profit Organisation building since nearly 70 years families for children in need, helping them shape their own futures, and actively working on the development of their communities. We do this in 135 countries worldwide – also in Belgium.
We are currently looking for our new Head of Individual Giving, position reporting directly to the Managing Director of SOS Children’s Villages Belgium, and based in Brussels.
As Head of Individual Giving, you will be part of the Management Team of the NGO, will contribute to the definition of the strategic targets and will be in charge of their implementation with regards to fundraising initiatives towards individual donors.
In this position, you will be in charge of:
1. The development of the individual fundraising strategy, i.e. identify opportunities to attract new donors, optimize the relationships with our existing donors, develop loyalty programs, re-activate lost donors.
2. The creation and supervision with the fundraising team of all fundraising actions taking place through different channels (online, direct marketing, face to face) and to different target groups. You will do this by working closely with the communication and the advocacy teams, to ensure consistency of all messages sent towards the outside world.
3. The follow-up and the reporting on main fundraising KPIs based on data extracted from a freshly migrated, professional CRM tool.
4. Managing the individual giving team composed of 4 colleagues and ensure that all are engaged in the department initiatives.
5. Representing SOS Children’s Villages Belgium internally, in our international platform dealing with individual giving topics, and externally.
- Full buy in of SOS Children’s Villages' vision, mission and programmes
- Passion for fundraising
- 10 years of experience in a fundraising position, with ability to lead and organize teamwork, gaining buy-in and creating enthusiasm
- Ability to work with an advanced CRM and experience in face-to-face campaigns
- Strong interest to develop online fundraising
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with demonstrated talent for identifying new growth opportunities and implementing new strategies.
- Problem-Solving and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written in French, Dutch and English.
- EU citizenship or labour permit for Belgium required
- An exciting opportunity to further develop individual fundraising, actively contributing to the improvement of the rights and welfare of children and their communities, within a highly motivated, professional, committed and international team
- A full time job (38 hours per week)
- A competitive salary
- Earliest starting date: asap
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 27 January 2019 to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages Belgium, www.sos-villages-enfants.be ; www.sos-kinderdorpen.be