IPIS is seeking a communication intern/volunteer
The International Peace Information Service (IPIS) is an independent research institute providing tailored information, analysis and capacity enhancement to support those actors who want to realize a vision of durable peace, sustainable development and the fulfillment of human rights.
About the internship:
Are you a committed and skilled communication student or graduate with a specific interest in subsaharan Africa? IPIS welcomes you to an internship in our international team. IPIS is an independent research institute with a team of dedicated and knowledgeable researchers to provide analysis, policy advice and capacity building to enhance work of different actors towards durable peace, sustainable development and the fulfilment of human rights.
Some communication topics you could work on:
- General items
- For our Voices from the South project: review publication submissions by our partners in the South, collaborate with them to improve the quality of their reports, and help grow this project.
- Assist researchers and/or our communication officer in drafting web entries, leaflets, annual reports, ...
- Practical organisation of IPIS events
- Social media
- Share IPIS reports and news items (Twitter, FB, Mailer, linkedIn)
- Develop a social media strategy
- Encourage and assist researchers to share relevant material on their field mission, research or other insights
- Press work
- Further develop and update the IPIS press list
- Keep track of press mentions and social media presence of IPIS
- Assist in drafting press releasesAssist in defining press strategies per project
- Follow up of actions in the IPIS communication strategy
- Follow up of lay out assignments
- (Further) develop or improve templates for letters, power points, cv's, ..., and improve existing material accordingly
You are a student, scholar or graduate with an interest in internships in an international environment. You have a training or outspoken skills in communication. You are looking forward to team up with the IPIS researchers and the communication officer to make sure the IPIS information reaches the right audiences.
You are proficient in English (IPIS' working language) and French. Knowledge of Dutch can be an asset.
You are looking for an internship as a part of your academic training or in preparation of your future career. You are available for a minimum of 4 months.
What we offer
We offer an inspiring environment with knowledgeable researchers on natural resources, conflict mapping, arms trade, business and human rights and capacity enhancement. You will get the facilities and assistance to have a fruitful and enjoyable internship ( IT support, administrative support, ...)
Internships are unsalaried. The terms and conditions under which you join IPIS as an intern may differ according to the nature of your internship.
To apply for this internship, please send a letter outlining your motivation and availability together with a recent CV to Han Verleyen. We will get back to you within two weeks after reception of your application.
- Online sinds
- Indiensttreding: zo snel mogelijk