Junior Programme Finance Controller
Do you want to join a bright and growing organisation? Apply for a Internship as
Junior Program Finance Controller (m.f.x)
Plan International Belgium is an independent organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on equality for girls, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular gender equality.
The International Programmes Department is in charge of the design, the implementation (supervision and support), the control and the reporting (narrative and financial) of the entire programmes portfolio of Plan International Belgium across 16 different countries. The programmes are funded by either institutional donors through grants (the majority) or by own funding allocations. Practically speaking, the department is organised in 5 different working units.
This position belongs to the Programme Finance & Compliance Unit, which provides support and control in the field of budget design and financial control to the entire portfolio.
The Junior Programme Finance Controller is responsible for the execution of result areas and roles in order to support the Programme Finance Controllers and the financial management of Belgium National Office (BNO)’s grants portfolio.
Roles and responsibilities
Financial control of grant portfolio
- Learn and support the financial control process (check the eligibility of expenditures, the implementation of donor rules and requirements, internal procedures, local legislation) for a grant portfolio.
- Learn and support the process of the financial reporting of grants (funds from municipalities / own funded grants).
- Support the follow-up of income and forecast budget and expenditures of the International Programme department
Support the management of grant Knowledge centre
- Adapt the training material on FAD procedure
- Follow-up and development of training materials related to Y.O.D.A. (Your organisation’s data & analytics) program.
- Support the financial follow-up of grants in the Fr@me (internal platform for project management)
Support the preparation of external audits
- Support the audit preparation process (verification and organisation of supporting documents)
- Assist the Programme Finance Controllers and the Grants & Compliance Advisor during the audits of grants.
Donors rules & requirements
- Learn BNO’s main institutional donors’ rules and requirements and support the coaching process internally to BNO as well as for COs and implementing partners.
Who Are You?
Education : you have a Master in Finance /Economy or equivalent by professional experience, work experience in a financial support or NGO environment is an asset
Your Working skills:
- You have IT technical knowledge of operational systems such as MS Office, especially Excel
- And an analysing and critical eye
- Accuracy and structured way of working are strengths
- You are solution-focused
- You have a good knowledge French, Dutch and English: good ability to communicate in speaking and writing
- Your understanding & knowledge about Grant Management is an asset
- Basic accounting knowledge is an asset
- Ability to work in flexible teams, an international context and be committed in the organization, respecting the values of Plan International
- Respect the Safeguarding Children and Young People policy of Plan International
- A contract for professional integration as foreseen by the Belgian Labour Law, with flexible working hours (Fr.: La convention d’immersion professionelle/Nl.: Beroepsinlevingsovereenkomst).
- Reimbursement of travelling costs to and from the office.
- Ability to enroll in monthly Learn@Plan sessions and online courses offered on the internal e-learning platform of Plan International.
- A dynamic and engaging working environment in the Center of Brussels, with regular interaction with Plan International Offices abroad.
We also expect:
Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “2020 CIP Finance Controller” before May 29th 2020.
In the framework of our Safeguarding & Child Protection policy we request to present us an extract of the criminal record.