Learning Officer Finance (m/f)
The Learning solutions circle is part of the People Development HuB whose purpose is:
"Strengthening MSF's capacity to operate in various situations, by attracting/recruiting potential and new talents and by empowering individuals' motivation, sense of belonging, professional autonomy and mobility through the access to an efficient development process and opportunities".
As key partner contributor in the individual development cycle of all MSF staff (HQ, International, National), the learning solutions circle develop and offer training models and learning opportunities which aim at narrowing the gap between MSF staff expected competencies and their real skills for their present and future positions, all along their career in MSF.
The circle also contributes to the development of the organization by providing learning resources in a timely manner, adapted to the operational needs/expectations.
In an integrative perspective, the learning Officer works with OCB's technical and operational departments as his/her work is key in the deployment of their own strategy. He/she is a key contributor for defining and/or managing of the learning program linked to existing career paths.
He/she works under the direct reporting responsibility of the Circle Referent for Learning Solutions and Support Services and in close collaboration and ongoing/continuous interaction with the other circle members and the internal stakeholders (contributors and beneficiaries) involved in the projects he/she initiates. Within the Finance department, he/she will collaborate to the Operational Finance Coordinator.
1. Definition of the learning strategy around Finance topics for OCB
- Collect and analyze the learning needs of various populations concerned: Financial professionals on the field (approx. 100 expats and 200 national staff), financial professionals in HQ, other MSF staff in HQ and in the field having to deal with financial matters in their day-to-day work
o Contribute with the Finance department to the analysis of skills/competencies needs by technical domain/profession;
o Analyze demand/needs made by other HQ departments than Finance (OPS, MED, LOG, etc.) and by the field.
- Be the key driver in the design of a learning & professional development strategy per domain and/or by profession
2. Implementation of the learning strategy around Finance topics for OCB
- Decline this strategy in a learning program, integrating various learning solutions (face-to-face, online tutorials, etc...), and considering privileged pedagogic methods proven to be successful in the MSF context (mainly around finance topics but not only)
- Contribute with other members of the People Development Hub, the Finance department & other departments, to the development of learning solutions/opportunities, tools & guidelines
- Facilitate the sharing of good practices and information amongst the course organizers, other OCs, and other internal stakeholders
- Directly contribute to the development of processes and tools aiming at reinforcing mission/project capacities to assess and address professional development needs around financial topics
3. Coordination of training course
- Ensure or contribute to the coordination of the training implemented by the learning solutions circle
- Identify & supervise course trainers, experts and facilitators. Ensure pedagogic coherence between objectives and trainers methods
- Attend or organize selection committees of training participants
- Act as facilitator
- Ensure analysis of course outcome/impact and share the analysis
4. Act as a learning focal point for the Finance department
- Contribute to the set-up of evaluation tools/mechanisms of competencies at entry level and all along the professional path (within Finance)
- Contribute to the set-up of a Finance community of practice and feed on a regular basis the digital library dedicated to learning
- Collect and provide learning information to department & field when needed/requested
- Participate to theSubmit annual B&Os (Bilans & Objectifs)
5. Internal Collaboration & Communication
- Even though most of your time will be dedicated to the above-mentioned tasks linked to the learning of Financial related topics, you will also be required to contribute on an ad hoc basis to other initiatives (e.g. training needs of other departments, HR internal projects, ...)
- In collaboration with the support services circle, contribute to the setup/follow-up of a pool of facilitators
- Attend to HuB/Circle meeting and to others when needed and articulated with training plans
- Contribute to the analysis and set up of training certifications (= employability and recognition of professional experience and training)
6. External Collaboration
- Assist the support services circle and other key contributor within the HuB in filling contractual agreements with external actors (such as training operators, others OC's, other institutions, etc.) following the HR and HuB standards
- Contribute when requested in search of external learning opportunities.
· Proven track record in pedagogy/training (mandatory)
· MSF experience or past professional experience in similar contexts as the ones in which MSF is active is a plus
· Qualification or experience in Finance/Accounting is a significant plus
· Experience in Project Management is an asset
· Experience in People Development is an asset
· IT competencies: Word, power point and Excel indispensable
· Languages :Languages: bilingual French-English (written and spoken)
o Strategic vision
o Analytical spirit
o Ability to adapt and to demonstrate initiative
o People Management
o Teamwork with strong collaborative skills
o Planning and organization
o Adherence to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Empowerment
· Open-ended contract – full time
· Position based in Brussels with regular travels outside Belgium
· Hospital Insurance (DKV) - Pension plan – Canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
· Start date: asap
CV and cover letter to be sent before 09/09/2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.
- Betaalde job
- Online sinds
- Indiensttreding: zo snel mogelijk
Gewijde Boomstraat 46