Are you looking for a new challenge?
Would you like to work in a social, ambitious and chaotic startup making a difference?
SPEAK is social tech startup that connects migrants, refugees and locals through a language and culture exchange program and events - helping them feel integrated in the city where they moved to. It breaks barriers, promotes multilingualism, equality and democratizes language learning.
We’re looking for someone to help us shape the future of SPEAK Brussels.
- Build a dynamic, online and real-world community;
- Nurture the community and interact with our users through online properties;
- Cultivate relationships with some of our most active users. You will be in tune with the community climate and will be able to influence key stakeholders to make critical product or process changes;
- Mobilize Speakers to organize community events;
- Recruit Ambassadors;
- Help with offline marketing;
- Work with SPEAK participants to understand their needs;
- Assist in onboarding process;
- Provide customer feedback to the management team;
- Discover and analyse gaps in the customer experience that may lead to customer attrition;
- Find opportunities to increase customer retention.
- Manage partnerships (communication & room partners / business partners);
- Extend our partner network.
- Have a “hands on” approach and good problem solving skills;
- Technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work;
- Create empathy with participants and show comprehension and availability for future interactions;
- Speak English (C1 or above) and Dutch or French would be a great plus. (Other languages are a plus);
- Well-versed in social media and online community trends, technology and strategies, and are comfortable acting in the public sphere;
- Be passionate about the three social S’s: social entrepreneurship, social innovation and social impact;
- Have a good sense of humor - and we are not even joking.
- Duration: at least 6 months / we prefer to find someone who wants to get and stay involved with SPEAK Brussels
- Time allocation: to be discussed, according to availability (can be part-time and in combination with other occupation)
- This is currently a volunteer position (but we’re looking to develop the organisation so to have 1/1.5 HTE)
To apply for this position, send us an email to email@example.com with your CV and motivation (text or a short video (max 2 min)), letting us know who you are, why are you applying for this position and why you want to be part of SPEAK.
- Online sinds
met referentie Local Coordinator Brussels
- Indiensttreding: zo snel mogelijk