Manager Fundraising & Communications
Kids & Youth (KIYO) NGO for Children's rights is looking for a:
Manager Fundraising & Communications
Fulltime (100%) permanent
KIYO is a Belgian non-governmental organisation for development. Our mission is to give priority attention to the most vulnerable children and youth living in Belgium and in developing countries who are least able to protect themselves. Starting from the International Convention on the Rights of the Child, KIYO contributes to an increased international solidarity for the realisation of the rights of all children. In order to get there, KIYO raises awareness on their rights and provides expertise for realising children's rights.
In the coming years, we aim to expand our support base and donors by increasing the visibility and external presence of the organisation. To support these strategic and operational goals, KIYO is looking for a Manager Fundraising & Communications.
The Manager Fundraising & Communications leads the development and implementation of the organisation's Fundraising & Communications strategy to contribute to the ambitious growth of KIYO. He/she coordinates and monitors the communication, branding and fundraising activities of KIYO, consistent with KIYO's messaging profile, while developing, facilitating and managing the various communication materials and channels. He/she reports to the Director and works closely with the Program Manager, the Financial Manager and the HQ and regional communication teams
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in strategic communications and fundraising with excellent coordination skills.
• Coordinate the development and implementation of KIYO's Fundraising & Communications strategy with the objective to increase the KIYO brand, funds & donations in favour of KIYO's children's rights mission & programs.
• Develop and execute KIYO's Public Relations to improve & maintain relationship with donors, sponsors and volunteers to raise KIYO's profile and market KIYO's activities.
• Analyse & understand the target audience of KIYO & optimise the targeted branding/marketing to increase the amount of donors and increase the return per campaign or fundraising activity.
• Manage the life cycle process of donors to increase loyalty and prevent drop-out.
• Develop & optimise the implementation of the different fundraising strategies: i.e. direct & e-fundraising, telemarketing, corporate fundraising, online campaigning, organising events, networking,...
• Develop and coordinate an annual editorial calendar complete with social media, cross-functional fundraising campaigns and events.
• Implement and expand a (social) media & networking strategy to grow and engage the support basis to raise KIYO's profile, market KIYO's activities and increase funds & donations.
• Ensure coherence & mutual reinforcement with the communications department of KIYO.
• You have a master degree in marketing, communication management, communication sciences, strategic communications, journalism or equivalent experience.
• You have at least 10 years relevant experience. Experience in fundraising for the non-profit sector is a plus.
• You have an analytical and problem-solving mindset and a proactive, hands-on attitude.
• You have an independent, oriented and structured working approach and are able to work under pressure.
• You have strong relationship building skills, ability to engage and inspire others. You've proven to be someone who can optimize the engagement, retention and loyalty of support base, volunteers and grassroots.
• You have the ability to explain complex issues to external audiences and present the organization and its diverse programmes in an appealing, tangible and concise manner.
• You have strategic insight into the marketing, branding, fundraising and communication of a non-profit organization and can translate this into a concrete action plan;
• You have excellent editorial, copywriting and communication skills.
o You are perfectly bilingual Dutch/French (both orally & written) and you have excellent language skills of English. Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
o You have strong technical skills: You have experience in working with a CRM or donor database and are able to analyse statistics. You understand CSM, SEO, analytics and have the ability to analyse traffic data and track metrics to develop and grow audience using tools such as, Google Analytics, HooteSuite, Adobe Omniture. You understand video editing, PHP, HTML, WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop and use of social media, ...
o You have relations in the field of marketing, communication and/or media that can be sourced.
• Understanding human rights and in particular children's rights, is a plus.
• You are a team player and enjoy working collaboratively with the organization's key stakeholders.
• You are a dynamic person, confident to take on a challenge. You are 100% committed to help advance and grow the organization.
• You commit yourself for a social purpose in favor of the rights of children.
• A fulltime (100%) permanent contract effective immediately.
• A competitive salary at the level of the NGO sector (PC329.01 socio-cultural sector) to supplement with relevant seniority.
• Fringe benefits: meal vouchers, 13th month, public transport commuting.
• Additional training according to the needs of this function.
• Flexible working hours and recovering overtime.
• Place of employment: Brogniezstraat 46, 1070 Anderlecht (within walking distance of Brussels Midi station)
Send your CV & motivation letter to the attention of Iris Bogaerts: email@example.com before January 20th, 2019.
We will contact you as of January 14th for one or more interview rounds (with test) mid January 2019.
For more information, contact Iris Bogaerts on 02 510 61 93 or visit our website www.kiyo-ngo.be