Partnerships and Quality Manager – Oxfam in Laos
Oxfam is an international confederation of 20 organisations networking together in 90 countries. As part of a global movement for change, we are working together to build a future free from the injustice of poverty. Oxfam has had a presence in Laos since the late 1980s and works to deliver a country strategy that focuses on sustainable livelihoods, governance and civil society, gender and diversity and resilient communities.
Working at Oxfam is so much more than just a job. As an Oxfam employee, you will join a team of dedicated and passionate professionals working to help people overcome poverty, build resilient communities and fight for social justice. Oxfam in Laos requires an experienced and qualified person to fill the position of Partnerships and Quality Manager to be based in our office in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Purpose of function- As Partnerships and Quality Manager you support the sustainability of the operations of Oxfam in Laos through the implementation of the Oxfam in Laos funding strategy as well as to ensure quality and compliance support to the programmes in order to deliver the Oxfam Country strategy (OCS), with a focus on Business Development, MEAL and Communication.
As the Partnerships and Quality manager:
• You are managed by the Country Director (CD).
• You manage the staff within the Partnerships and Quality Unit.
Overall Responsibilities :
You lead on new business development in line with the Oxfam in Laos funding strategy; create, identify and access new funding opportunities; maintain a consistent standard of donor relationship and high-quality proposal development across variable sectors; build new partnerships in the country and the region; promote innovation in its programming; and ensure that there are strategies in place to maintain and enhance adequate skills and capacity, staffing and income within the portfolio of Oxfam in Laos.
You promote Oxfam towards its external (donors, INGO, partners) and internal stakeholders (Oxfam affiliates, Oxfam in the Regional and global Oxfam groups).
You lead and manage the Partnerships and Quality unit, defining the strategic objectives of the unit and its contribution to enable Oxfam in Laos to obtain its set ambitions. You will participate actively in the Oxfam in Laos Management team.
1. Business Development in close coordination with the Team, you:
• Revise and update the Oxfam in Laos Funding strategy, adapting the strategies to the evolving trends, exploring potential new sources of income and ensuring a balance between the different portfolios.
• Set fundraising targets and pro-actively seek and find new funding opportunities from a variety of donors (institutional donors, foundations, ...), including the development of new business models.
• Research, identify and engage with prospective new donors, with an emphasis on new partnerships and ways of engaging.
• Engage proactively and represents Oxfam in Laos vis-à-vis different stakeholders for partnerships purposes.
• Maintain a grants database and provide the programme management team with the oversight of the funding situation of the programmes.
• Support and build capacity of the Programme Managers and the staff in the design, conceptualising, writing and review of concept notes, and ensure their timely submission.
• Ensure that the capacities are enhanced throughout the team in Laos to provide quality and timely submission of reports to donors, from a donor compliance point of view.
2. Communications, external relationship management, in close coordination with the Team, you:
• Provide support to the Communication and Media Officer in implementing the communication strategy for Oxfam in Laos that promotes the work of Oxfam towards its stakeholders (internal and external) and contribute to the delivery of the Oxfam Country strategy.
• Boost innovative and creative ways to enhance Oxfam in Laos communication and visibility.
• Coordinate with the programme management team to ensure input in the development of communication materials or fundraising activities.
3. Programme Quality and knowledge management, with the MEL coordinator you:
• Provide support to the MEL coordinator in developing and mainstreaming MEAL systems in the projects and programmes in accordance with Oxfam standards, including capacity building of all stakeholders.
• Ensure that there is a MEAL system in place for Oxfam in Laos that allows to monitor and showcase impact of the Oxfam in Laos Country Strategy.
• Ensure that the support and advise on programme and project design is provided.
4. Team management – Partnerships and Quality Unit, as a leader you:
• Create a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are well-managed and innovation encouraged.
• Plan and allocate work, monitoring achievement of deadlines, and support staff as appropriate.
• Manage performance and development, mainly through regular supervision sessions and the Performance development review process.
• Manage the unit budget including expenditure and income
Your required qualifications and competences:
• You have a master's degree in business administration, law, international development, public affairs, fundraising, or related field or 5 years' experience in fund raising and communication management within the development sector.
• You demonstrate experience and success in engaging with bilateral and multilateral donors for an international agency like Oxfam (managing relationships, securing income, proposal writing, donor compliance.
• You demonstrate ability to devise and implement resource mobilization strategies including ability to identify new business opportunities and partnerships, strong networking, representation, and negotiation skills.
• You have proven experience in programme monitoring, evaluation and learning.
• You demonstrate understanding of gender and rights-based approaches to development especially in Laos.
• You demonstrate ability to effectively manage staff.
• You are proficient in the use of standard software applications.
• You demonstrate ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders (internally/externally).
• You have a good understanding and compliance of safety and security issues relating to development and humanitarian work.
• You have good knowledge and awareness of issues related to Oxfam's strategic objectives and theories of change is an asset.
Your personal qualities:
• You are a result-oriented team player with ability to deal with a range of people from various cultures and different capacities.
• You have proven ability to work effectively with others – strong interpersonal skills.
• You demonstrate strong leadership, coordination skills as well as ability to take initiative and work independently.
• You have professional command of English, with high communication and inter-personal skills (negotiation, diplomacy) and ability to deal with high level stakeholders. Proficiency in Lao is an asset.
• You are committed to Oxfam's values.
• You show perseverance, tenacity and the ability to work under pressure.
Oxfam can offer you:
• Place of work: Vientiane – Laos.
• Gross salary: competitive salary adapted to the organization's salary grid;
• 1-year full-time contract, renewable;
• Start date: asap – the 25th February 2019 at the latest.
Are you the person we are looking for?
Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 20 November 2018 at the latest, with 'Partnerships and Quality Manager position 11' in the subject line.
Oxfam cares about equal opportunities. Candidates are selected on the basis of their qualities and skills, irrespective of their age, background or gender.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.