Post-doctoral researcher in the area of “Development Processes, Actors and Policies”
The Institute of Development Policy (IOB) of the University of Antwerp wants to contribute to a more just and sustainable world through multidisciplinary academic research, education, partnerships and political engagement. More information about the institute and its activities can be found at www.uantwerp.be/iob.
IOB is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy for a
- You expand the scientific research and outreach of the Institute in line with one or more of the research lines of the strategy of the IOB research group development processes, actors and policies.
- Your teaching duties will be limited to 10%.
- You contribute to the internationalization of IOB, strengthening the network of contacts of IOB with development actors at the international level and preferably in the Global South.
- You apply for and acquire external funding for a post-doctoral position at IOB by October 2021 at the latest.
- You are a team-player, performing tasks of a public goods nature at the level of the Institute and the University, and society at large.
- In function of the offer of candidates for this position, the selection committee may give preference to candidates with either a more qualitative or quantitative methodological profile, to particular disciplinary backgrounds or to regional expertise, in order to attain an adequate methodological, disciplinary and regional mix within the institute.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in Development Studies or related social science disciplines.
- Your work is preferably interdisciplinary in nature and preferably engages with a mixture of methodological approaches.
- You have an international academic CV and perform qualitatively outstanding academic research, enabling you to qualify for seeking external finance as post-doctoral researcher.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Your publication track record demonstrates your potential to act as a catalyst for interdisciplinary and mixed-methods research, for instance, by means of (co-) authorship of articles or (co-)promotership of projects in the domain.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Betaalde job
- Loon: a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.134,93 - € 6.446,00;
- Online sinds
- Solliciteren voor