Repair&Share is recruiting a Project Coordinator (m/f/x)
for activities within the European Project SHAREPAIR.
The organisation Repair&Share
Repair&Share is a young organisation, promoting the transition to a socially inclusive and circular economy. We aim to improve the quality, repairability and lifespan of products. Repair&Share makes the concept of repairing and sharing more accessible to the general public. We build bridges between citizens, professional and voluntary repairers, governments and producers. Our involvement in the European project SHAREPAIR is aimed at raising awareness about the importance of repair and repairability and at helping the repair community to grow stronger.
Repair&Share is embedded in the consumer organisation Netwerk Bewust Verbruiken. Netwerk Bewust Verbruiken is a (Flemish) movement for sustainable consumption and lifestyle.
The project Sharepair
This project's goal is to support and stimulate people to repair. Sharing expertise and experience, using digital tools, is a central focus.
The lifespan of consumer products is gradually shortening, which increases the use of resources and energy to produce new products. From a resource efficiency perspective, repair is preferred to recycling. Consumers and repairers are on the frontline of taking decisions to either repair or discard a product.
SHAREPAIR aims at promoting repair amongst citizens by developing (digital) tools for communication and data collection. A better digital support infrastructure for repair decisions will increase the number and success rate of repair initiatives. This project builds a collaborative platform, joining experienced partners across Europe to develop open source tools and data integration, to collect and share experiences.
Lead: The City of Leuven
Partners: Delft University of Technology, The City of Apeldoorn, KU Leuven, Maakbaar Leuven, Maison du Développement Durable Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve, National University of Ireland Galway, Prototyping Collective, Repair Together, Repair&Share, The City of Roeselare, Statik, TestAankoop, Manchester Metropolitan University, Restart Project, Vito
With the support of: European Commission – Interreg NWE
Your tasks and responsibilities
We are looking for a coordinator of the Repair&Share activities within this project.
The activities of Repair&Share in the SHAREPAIR project will comprise of:
Co-organising a 'Right to Repair' Campaign: public activities, communication and policy work
Outreach to civil society repair groups
Workshops where users and repairers can exchange knowledge and experiences about repairability and learn how to feed this knowledge into the repair community
Facilitating tests of digital platforms
Promotion of digital platforms amongst repairers and consumers/users
A broad survey amongst citizens about repairability and repair attitudes
General communication: Articles in digital newsletters, on websites and social media
▪ You have knowledge of and experience in project management – preferably in international projects. This includes monitoring and evaluating the execution and results of projects, preparing and facilitating meetings, collaborating with various project partners and the team.
▪ You feel comfortable with writing reports and communicating in a clear and effective way, in both English and Dutch.
▪ You are able to gather and process information and translate this into accessible material
▪ You are a good communicator and writer
▪ You have experience in activating and collectively supporting a group of organisations
▪ You have affinity and relevant experience with social economy and environmental themes
▪ You have experience with campaigning and/or advocacy
▪ You are able to meet deadlines and to work 'under pressure' from time to time
▪ You are able to manage budgets and time accurately
▪ You can work independently and in team
▪ You have good computer skills
▪ You have at least 5 years of relevant experience
▪ You are comfortable working in an intercultural context and take this into account in your working process
The main working languages, both oral and written, are Dutch and English. You are employed in a Dutch speaking team.
▪ A contract of 70% from sept 2020 to dec 2022.
▪ Wages according to Paritair Comité 329.01 (L1)
▪ A job with a broad range of tasks (strategic/conceptual, coordination, operational, communication, etc)
▪ Our office is in Mundo-B, Edinburgstraat 26, 1050 Brussels (Elsene), nearby metro Naamse Poort.
▪ Flexible working hours and partly working from home can be discussed
▪ You will be part of a dynamic team with motivated colleagues and an interesting working environment.
How to apply
▪ upload your CV (Dutch or English) and letter of motivation (English) via this LINK before the 1st of august 2020. (NOT via mail)
▪ The interviews will take place in the week of the 10th of august
▪ During the interview, you will give a short presentation about a project that you have completed as project manager (the selected candidates will receive more information about this presentation)
▪ More information about this vacancy: email@example.com (on leave between 1 july and 16 july)
▪ More information about Repair&Share: www.repairshare.be
Repair&Share selects candidates on the basis of skills and experience, and warmly welcomes candidates who embrace and reflect the super diverse society we live in.
- Betaalde job
- Loon: Wages according to Paritair Comité 329.01 (L1)
- Online sinds
met referentie project coordinator Sharepair