Project Officer in Equality Department of the ITUC
Temporary post (12 months)
Post: Project Officer
We are seeking to fill the position of a Project Officer to assist in coordinating, implementing and monitoring the ITUC Women’s Global Leadership Programme: “Supporting transformative leadership for the 21st century labour movement”.
The ITUC has affiliated organisations in 163 countries and territories that represent 207 million trade union members.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
- Assist with the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Women’s Global Leadership programme (WGLP) in cooperation with ITUC Equality Department, affiliates, donors, and programme partners
- Coordination of trade union work on global migration governance, including the follow-up to the UN Global Compact on Migration and the work of the UN Migration Network
- Develop and run training sessions to support WGLP implementation
- Report on the status and progress of activities to the Director, ITUC Women’s Committee, ITUC General Council, and donors, as appropriate
- Provide advice and input on policy development and programme definition
- Liaise with ITUC affiliates, regional organisations, members of the ITUC Women’s Committee, donors, programme partners and other relevant actors, such as Global Union Federations, the ILO, UN Women and NGOs.
- Ensure internal and external communication of programme activities and outcomes (i.e. through presentations, reports, website and social media, etc.) and in cooperation with the Campaigns & Communications department
- Represent the ITUC at external events and conferences
- Assist with financial and donor reporting in cooperation with the Finance department
- Several years’ demonstrable experience working with trade unions or civil society organisations in the field of gender equality. Similar experience in the field of migration is desirable.
- Experience in project management with a good understanding of project management process, donor guidelines and procedures, and programme cycles
- Experience in delivering training programmes to diverse groups
- Understanding and experience of global politics and policy-making and how these influence gender relations and power dynamics
- Familiarity with the work of trade unions and a strong identification with the ITUC’s values and objectives
- Experience working at a regional or international level, or demonstrated capacity to translate national experience into the international sphere
- A general knowledge in policy-making on gender equality and migration issues
- Understanding and knowledge of applying an intersectional, feminist approach to equality and leadership
- Excellent facilitation skills for the delivery of training and workshops
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to write material aimed at different audiences (e.g. donors, affiliates, policy-makers, general public)
- Proven capacity in project/programme coordination (including planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation)
- Strong organisational skills with well-developed IT skills
- Results oriented with a commitment to quality, accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness and availability to undertake international travel, adapt to difference environments and work in a multicultural, multi-lingual setting
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work in a team, with colleagues in other departments, and with allies and donors
Fluency in English is essential. Other official languages of the ITUC (especially French and Spanish) would be an asset.
Once appointed, the postholder must live within daily commuting distance from the ITUC head office.
The ITUC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage appropriately qualified candidates, especially women, candidates from developing countries and minorities to apply.
Closing date: Friday 6 March, 15:00 Brussels time.
Please submit CV and cover letter in English to: Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
- Betaalde job
- Loon: 4546,32
- Online sinds
- Indiensttreding: zo snel mogelijk
Koning Albert II laan 5