Public Policy & Communications
This vacancy is for one of two Public Policy & Communications positions on the team. The ideal candidate will have some content background in public health, possess excellent attention to detail, proven organisational and project management skills, and the ability to communicate with a broad range of audiences in a compelling and captivating way. S/he must also be able to work flexibly and collaboratively within a close-knit team that manages numerous cross-cutting and shared areas of work.
Main duties and responsibilities
This Public Policy & Communications Officer will be mainly responsible for:
Public policy tasks
- Building, maintaining and supporting the EHC’s official group of Members of the European Parliament,
- Organising and implementing key public policy and awareness events such as the EHC Round Tables of Stakeholders and World Haemophilia Day event(s),
- Representing the EHC at, and reporting back from, key public policy events, as relevant and jointly with colleagues,
- Building and maintaining key contacts amongst policymakers and the media,
- Overseeing the work of external public policy service providers,
- Carrying out any other public policy tasks as required.
- Supporting all communications before, during and after EHC and external events,
- Producing and maintaining EHC websites and social media accounts,
- Producing both written and digital communication materials (e.g. articles, reports, videos),
- Proof-reading and materials produced by colleagues or volunteers,
- Conceiving and producing EHC stands/booths for conferences and events, and manning these,
- Managing the communications work of volunteers and external service providers,
- Producing press releases, press briefings and other materials, when necessary,
- Carrying out any other communications tasks as required.
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, ideally in the non-profit sector.
- Native or highly proficient English, working knowledge of other languages an asset (e.g. Russian).
- University degree.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office, Adobe, web- and video editing.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Able to show initiative, self-start, work under tight deadlines and deliver under high pressure.
- Able to work professionally with multiple cultures and professions, including patients, volunteers, doctors, external consultants and service providers.
- Able to work on weekends (for events) and travel in Europe (predominately).
- Familiarity, or experience with, European institutions an asset.
- Familiarity with haemophilia, rare bleeding disorders or other rare diseases an asset.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by 10:00am on Monday, September 23rd 2019.
Applications should consist of all of the following:
- Cover letter,
- Range of expected net monthly remuneration,
- Telephone and email contacts for 3 references (these will be contacted before a first interview).
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
We are grateful for all applications. Unfortunately, due to high volumes of work, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We thank you in advance for your interest and look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Betaalde job
- Loon: Commensurate with experience
- Online sinds
- Indiensttreding: zo snel mogelijk