Supply Chain Data Analyst
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES is a non-governmental humanitarian aid organisation. We presently work in more than 60 countries, where our volunteers provide assistance to populations in distress and victims of conflict, irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation. To support this work, the Supply Chain Department of the MSF Operational Centre Brussels is looking for a: Supply Chain Data analyst (m/f)
Driven by MSF's goals, the OCB Supply chain's mission is to enable humanitarian action and provide reliable supply chain solutions. It comprises several sites, in each mission on the field (projects and capital), with MSF Supply its European Supply Center, and the Kenya Supply Unit its regional hub. The Supply Chain Department defines the global strategy of this supply chain, pilots its performance, and ensures that each site has the relevant support for its development.
Under the supervision of the Supply Information Systems Manager, the Supply Chain Data Analyst works closely with the IT team and the Management Team of the OCB Supply Chain Department, supporting in monitoring the overall performance. The Supply Chain Analyst sets up a data model giving access to data across the Supply Chain. S/he provides aggregated reporting regarding operational execution so that the Supply Chain team in the field and at Headquarters can take informed decisions. The Supply Chain Data Analyst gathers data to conduct regular and punctual analysis with the goal of improving the organization's supply chain operations. S/he helps identify underperforming areas in the supply chain and may suggest improvements or resolutions to problems.
The Supply Chain Data Analyst's main activities are the following:
• Set up the data model in collaboration with IT centralizing Supply data, identifying gaps and quality risks.
• Create processes and methods to gather supply chain data
• Design and build reports to provide more visibility of data across the whole Supply Chain
• Collaborate with other Operational Centers, MSF Supply and IT to leverage knowledge and experience
• Be a member of the MSF Belgium data office and be involved with international initiatives around data and reporting
• Work with the performance monitoring group to give access to relevant data to monitor KPIs
• Perform monthly and quarterly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
• Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant trends and opportunities for improvement
• Link with other departments to identify data links and design connections for better data
• Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
• Review a variety of areas including operations, procurement, inventory, distribution and facilities
• Conduct and coordinate operational and financial research to support strategic planning
• Proven experience as a Supply Chain Analyst or similar role
• Proven experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
• Familiarity with supply chain processes
• Knowledge of ERP systems flows and structure
• Knowledge of data analysis tools such as Qlik, Tableau, PowerBi, Data Studio
• Knowledge of data management concepts: ETL, data lake, data warehouse
• Preferred: Knowledge of Talend, Informatica or Alteryx
• Basic knowledge of data analysis languages such as SQL, Python
• Analytical mind
• Project management skills
• Problem-solving attitude
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Outstanding organizational ability
• Affinity with the humanitarian world
• Fluency in English and French is required
• Adherence to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment and to the MSF Behavioral Commitments.
• Open-ended contract - Full-time - Based in Brussels
• Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
• Starting date: September 2020
Deadline for applications: 6th of July 2020
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com, mentioning "SC Data Analyst" in the subject line.
Please name your application documents (CV and cover letter) with your LAST NAME. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF cares about protecting your data. By submitting your application, you agree that MSF will use your personal data for the purpose of the recruitment. For more information, see our privacy notice for candidates.
- Betaalde job
- Online sinds
met referentie SC Data Analyst
Gewijde Boomstraat 46