The Tech Coordinator’s main goal will be to ensure the continuity and sustainability of IT systems and platforms in SCI.
mid August 2018 The selection process will start on 28th of May 2018.
The post is based at the International Secretariat (IS) of Service Civil International in Antwerp, Belgium. This is a part-time employment (22.5 hours/week), on a fixed term (one year contract) under Belgian legislation, with the possibility of extension.
- Establish and maintain technical documentation of legacy and new systems
- Maintain and update the movement’s websites
- Help setup and improve internal services (including a survey system, mailing lists and email accounts)
- Mentor a junior Tech volunteer in the office
- Coordinate the Tech Team online
- Provide technical consulting during project writing
- 5+ years of experience in IT management positions
- Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress or other CMS knowledge
- Used to working with volunteers (desired)
- Willingness to discover and use new platforms and technologies
- Comfortable coordinating teams online
- Ability to mentor a junior Tech volunteer
1. The Tech Coordinator is directly responsible to the SCI International Coordinator, who supervises the TC on behalf of the International Executive Committee.
2. The TC will be based at the Secretariat in Antwerp, Belgium and is rarely expected to travel for meetings, seminars, and tasks related duties. Sometimes extended working hours might be needed.
3. This is a part-time role for an initial period of one year, with an envisioned possibility of extension. The working hours are 22.5 per week with a possibility of flexible arrangement, according to Belgian legislation.
4. We offer monthly gross salary of 1250 euro negotiable, plus all benefits foreseen by Belgian legislation (meal cheques, paid holidays, 13th month, etc).
HOW TO APPLY: If you wish to apply for this post, please send your updated CV, a motivation letter, as well as scans of any documents you might find relevant (e.g. diplomas, certificates, recommendation letters) to email@example.com as soon as possible. The selection process will start on 28th May 2018. Please include also 2 reference contacts, with an email and telephone number.